04 April 2018

currently


showering: with this Beautycounter sugar scrub. I love how smooth and nice it makes my skin - and even better when you add on this yummy smelling (and just as yummy feeling) body butter after.

cultivating: my faux flower collection, since I'm terrible with actual gardening (not to mention it's still way too cold here). I'm loving my DIY tulip wreath, still rocking the Easter egg floral centerpiece, and also picked up a nice faux blossoming branch for the vase in my living room while I was at it. Pretending it's spring with pretend flowers!

expecting: to finally be able to listen to something besides the Moana and Frozen soundtracks after my mom and I take Hendrik to see The Lion King musical tomorrow. I think he's going to have a new soundtrack obsession, and I also can't wait to see how much he loves all of the amazing costumes.

making: a list (in my bullet journal, of course!) of what to pack for our upcoming family trip to northern CA, featuring my trusty downtown jacket and my new favorite blouse.

buying: groceries, all day every day. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration - but seriously, every other day at least. I can't quite fathom people who do one shopping trip a week. But then again, I like to buy a lot of fresh produce (and I don't like to plan meals all that much...), so I guess it works for me.

And a bonus! What I'm currently...

giving away: a custom 16x20 canvas - check out my mini powder room update to see the canvas I had made, and to enter to win a credit to make your own.



Jessica of I Am Teacher Fit is co-hosting with me this month, and we both want to know what you're currently up to! Go say hi to her, link up your post below, and make some new friends too. (Please note, posts not related to a "currently" theme will be removed.)

And don't forget to put May 2 on your calendar, when Carrie of A Stylish Fit will be joining me as co-host, and we'll be talking about what we're currently celebrating, creating, wearing, sharing, and going.


32 comments :

  1. The Lion King soundtrack is amazing! I think it's been 10 years since I saw the Lion King musical in London and I still love listening to the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with the Lion King soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can grocery-shop once a week just by getting the same things I always need and meal-planning a bit, but if I forget something or realize there's something else I need, I hate making that trip back to the store.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you like BeautyCounter stuff in general? I visit the site regularly, but I've never actually bought anything! Also, kind of jealous of your Lion King excursion. I would love to see it! And would not blame your boy a bit for a new soundtrack obsession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Disney musicals, and Frozen has some of the best music of them all! Have fun making memories with family! I generally make a large grocery purchase every week or two and will pick up milk, bread, and produce as needed. Groceries are just expensive, and unfortunately they don't really make coupons for much of the healthy stuff!;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using Walmart's pick up service for groceries and I absolutely love it!! And i'm one of those that goes to the grocery (or picks up!) once a week. Occasionally, I've forgotten something or change my mind about a menu, but for the most part, it's only once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am terrible with gardening as well! Maybe I should cultivate some faux flowers as well. Meant to start doing your link up this month but got side tracked. On my schedule for next month

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the grocery shopping. I make way too many trips per week, but I haven't trained my family well enough (despite my efforts! ha!) on letting me know they're about to run out of something that they like since I don't always check on things if it's not something I use. Have fun at the Lion King and on your NorCal trip! Sounds like you have a fun month coming up!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I just picked up a sugar scrub (mine's a Target buy though) that I can't wait to try out. Also, I am so with you on the fake flowers... those are the only ones I can't kill! I feel like they make such pretty ones these days too. Have a blast at the Lion King! I bet Hendrik will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can keep house plants alive, but flowering ones not so much. I rely on a few faux ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, the Lion King will be great! I've really been trying to grocery shop less, I hate doing it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like we're always buying groceries too. We try to do a weekly trip but something always is forgotten and then we're back at the store again for one or two things...which usually turns into more! The Lion King live is fantastic! I saw it years ago when it was stage tested here in Minneapolis and it was amazing. One of the best performances I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just entered the world of Beautycounter and oh my word their citrus mimosa scent is just fabulous! I can relate to grocery shopping constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came across BC about 6 months ago and love it! Haven't tried the scrub yet, but it's on my list. How long does it last? Have fun at The Lion King musical! That is one of my favorite Disney movies and can't imagine how good it would be to see live.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Have so much fun at the Lion King! I've been seeing so many commercials and am bummed we didn't get tickets. Are you going to do any eating in GR before or after? And we recently started doing Meijer curbside pick-up and it has been life changing. I was never much of a meal planner but now I sit down and do the whole week, make my list, order everything on the website and then never set foot in the store. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl i'm all about some faux flowers, they stay alive and stay pretty! haha
    .
    I'm also thinking of getting on the bullet journal train!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you on the grocery shopping struggle. Sometimes I can stretch it to four days but that's rare. Sometimes it's last minute runs because we'll get invited to a party but it's usually because of fresh produce. We eat a decent amount of fruits and vegetables and you can only stock up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you all have a great time at The Lion King. I love seeing musicals, and that's a good one! I'm going to Aladdin in June and I CANNOT wait. Yeah, just shopping one day a week can be tough - especially when you want fresh ingredients!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun, where in northern Cali are you going? I haven't been past San Fran but I'd love to keep going right up to Oregon! And I don't understand people who can only go to the store once a week too. I usually go about three times!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like I'm constantly buying groceries too! I have 3 kids ages 15, 13, and 10 and they are always eating, especially my youngest who is the only boy and is growing like a weed right now. Also, you reminded me I should make a packing list for an upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I try to go to the store once a week, but somehow that plan never works! Thanks for the fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Beautycounter too! I haven't tried the sugar scrub or body butter but I do love the body lotion. So, going forward you'll be singing lots of The Lion King songs and now I have one in my heard. Oh, my!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a good sugar scrub! That tulip wreath is so pretty. Also, I'm going to stalk all your bullet journal posts. I want to get into that, but am very intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always buy tons of fresh produce too because I have so many different farmers markets in my area that I am too addicted to haha

    Beauty & Colour | Vegan Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel like i go to the grocery 3-4 times a week too! That wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That tulip wreath is GORGEOUS!! I'm so excited to hear about your Lion King experience! Seriously such an amazing show!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It feels like we go grocery shopping NONSTOP here too....ughhh...and I'm with Rachel--that wreath is so pretty, and way to go on getting the fake flowers half off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Lion King - I am so jealous. I hope that he enjoyed it & will give you a break on Moana & Frozen. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel like I buy groceries all the time too! And that reminds me I need to make my list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How did Hendrik like The Lion King? It's one of Aubrey's absolute favorite movies. I'm also terrible at gardening. I'd love to have some color in my yard, but lack the real desire - or talent - to make it happen. A fun wreath is definitely a great way to add some spring florals.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I might have to take notes if you share your packing list for your CA trip and copy it for mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh I bet Hendrick had fun at The Lion King. As far as the faux blooms, I am all for fake flowers too as long as they look pretty and pretty real. You did a great job with the tulip wreath.

    I linked up as I usually do each month and I also linked up a recent poem I have written currently - as in the last few days - if you don't mind. I'd love for you to read it. =))


    Hope you all had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete