02 May 2018

currently


celebrating: the biggest annual event around here: Tulip Time. Some locals get a little annoyed at all of the extra traffic and crowds around town, but Hendrik and I kind of love walking down to a bunch of the events. Not to mention the thousands of tulips in bloom everywhere - the best.

creating: a summer schedule, because Hendrik's only about 3 weeks away from the end of the preschool year! With a combination of nature camp, favorite cousin babysitter, fun grandparent time, and summer day camp (along with some bonus mommy time), we'll get the weeks covered, though it's going to take a new page in my bullet journal to keep track of it all...

wearing: pink and more pink! This outfit is an on-repeat favorite, but I'm also loving this tee and these amazingly-priced sneakers. 

sharing: some taco recipes to change up the usual flavors - recently we've tried Jamaican jerk chicken tacos and some roasted cauliflower chickpea tacos. Both so easy, and both so tasty. (Also willing to share freebies for other easy meals - Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Sun Basket - as I have several codes. Email me if you want one!)

going: on a lot of "scoots" with Hendrik, now that we can finally use the Micro Mini scooter he got for Christmas (didn't help that he had a big cast on his arm when he received it, and then it was cold forrreevvverrrr). It was my dream that it would not only help improve his coordination (and it seems to be!) but also let us go on dog walks/stroll to downtown with him being able to keep up (and we've done that a bunch!). Plus he loves it - constantly asking to go out, especially now that he has a snazzy new helmet and hilarious kids' biking gloves that he's quite enamored of.


So that's the haps around here - what's up with you currently? Hop over and say hi to this month's co-host, Carrie of A Stylish Fit, and then share your post below! (Note: you don't have to use our exact prompts, but unrelated posts will be removed. And please visit/comment/make new friends, if you have a chance.)

And then on June 6, Sarah of Total Basset Case and I will be talking about what the currentlys of traveling, grilling, exploring, planting, and playing.


29 comments :

  1. Those Jamacian Jerk Tacos sound so good! I need to check out that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than getting your kids a gift he loves. Going to have to try out those taco recipes. In a major rut over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those taco recipes sound yummy! We have tacos regularly here and I need to test out some new flavor varieties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulip festival sounds so beautiful! I think we have one in the Carlsbad area here but I've never been. Hendrik's summer schedule sounds packed with all kinds of fun - he's a lucky kid! :)
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tulip festival sounds like SO much fun!! I bet it's gorgeous!!

    I think I could live off of tacos alone! ;) They just always so delicious to me!

    Have a great day Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh summer schedules. I need to get on that. Aaron is taking the summer "off" (usually he teaches summer school or lately has had grad classes) but will be keeping the kids home with him this summer. I need to come up with some ideas for things to keep both him and the kids from going insane, and I know if I just leave it up to him they'll do a whole lot of nothing (he is an obliger so needs some structure/outer motivation). Thanks for the reminder to get on this!
    Also, love the scooter idea! Jona has a bike but he's not quite big enough yet to really get it going so it involves a lot of parent help... I'd like for him to have something he can do a little more independently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right! Tulip Time is happening this weekend! Justin and I almost decided to run the TT 5k but we're doing a different one in Grand Rapids instead. Maybe I can convince him to head to Holland on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oliver got a scooter like that for Christmas too and he's been loving finally being able to ride it outside! Tulip Time sounds awesome, I love pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sneakers ARE cute and inexpensive! That scooter looks awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the pink in this graphic - especially the pretty tulips (jealous) and pink button down. Sounds like you had Hendrik have a great summer planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tulip season! I would love to see that! We have the flower fields in Carlsbad every year, but never tulips. And I am sharing your love for pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm...tacos sounds really good right now. That's great your son is finally able to use his scooter - I'm sure it does help get you all out more! :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our sons have the same name! We spell his Hendrix=) such a unique name don't hear it often!! Love spring time, bright outfits and those tacos look fresh and scrumptious I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't is so nice to be outside?! My boys have a similar scooter and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Jamaican tacos sound like a winner - what a fun twist! Thanks for the great linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tacos are my love language... so are tulips! Yay for May!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tulips are my favorite flower so I would love to be there for the festival. Hope you and Hendrik have a blast. Those taco recipes sound delicious. I clicked over and they look delicious too! Dang, those pink sneakers are super cute. I'm tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh I want to try the Jamaican Jerk recipe! Tulips are my favorite too - maybe it's because i'm a May baby!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tulip Time sounds like a fun event! I would love seeing all the flowers; spring is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't recently discovered a love for cauliflower and have been eating a lot of cauliflower rice; never thought to try them with tacos!! Will have to give these a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Our summer schedule is going to be super hectic too with 3 kids in 3 camps on varying weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jealous of your tulip festival - I bet they are beautiful! Enjoy the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tulip Time sounds awesome, as does that cauliflower and chick pea recipe!!
    I'm loving what you're currently up to!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tulip Time sounds like so much fun! And, girl, I'm all about Taco Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The tulip event sounds like the perfect blogger photo shoot event! ;) And it sounds like you’ve got your summer so well planned for Hendrik already!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tulips sound lovely! I roast chickpeas at least once a week, so that recipe looks like a great variation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't believe it's already May! I was a day late to the party! Love, love, love those pink sneakers! So glad you are enjoying your tulips, and your bullet journal is so organized. This is the second post I have seen featuring bullet journals! It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to come to Tulip Time. Sounds so pretty. :)

    I really cannot believe that summer is right around the corner - when did that happen?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love when the tulips bloom around here! They are such pretty flowers. I pinned those cauliflower chickpea tacos. Those look delicious! Happy May!

    ReplyDelete